Philippines is growing fast destination for students interested in studying medicine i.e MBBS, MD, BDS and Post Graduation courses. Philippines Universities are the world’s most affordable, according to a recently published global comparative study on affordability and accessibility in higher education. Philippines have a 90% literacy rate this shows that the country has a great concern for education. Philippines is world’s third largest English speaking country. Mode of instructions in medical schools/colleges is English. Medicine degree recognized by WHO, IMED of ECFMG-USA and similar other bodies. This is the 2nd largest exporter of medical Professionals after India
Why medical study in Philippines
- US System of Education.
- Medicine degree recognized by WHO. IMED of ECFMG USA and similar other bodies.
- Philippines top university are known worldwide.
- Modern and advanced teaching methodology.
- Degree of MD awarded by Philippines is equal to MBBS.
- Studying medical in Philippines is very economical.
- Affordable Education, Accommodation & Living Cost.
- QS Asia Top 201+ Ranked and Top A+ Rated Universities.
- Guaranteed Admission, Easy Visa & Sponsor Requirements.
- Listed in CHED, ECFMG, IIME, IMED, WHO, MCI, NMC, PMDC.
- 3rd Largest English Speaking Country.
- Dedicated and friendly school staff and other members.
- Better chances to secure placement and permanent residency in developed countries.
- Education gateway to other leading countries like USA, UK, CANADA, and many others.
Philippines has developed the education system, similar to the USA. Thus after High School (Grade 10) the students join a Bachelors Degree. Those who want to study Medicine does the Pre-Medicine Bachelor of Science in Biology, Medical Technology, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy. After which they sit for National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) exam then they enroll for 4 years medical course known as Doctor of Medicine (MD). The MD degree awarded in USA / Philippines is equivalent to MBBS of UK / Commonwealth Countries. Philippines is the world's Second largest exporter of Physicians after India.
- 17 years of age on 31st December of year of admission
- Should have passed 12th std or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Note: 45% for SC/ST & OBC) and pass marks in English.
- For 10 + 2 equivalent students 18months of Pre-med (BSc Biology / Medical Technology ) + 4 Years of Doctor of Medicine (MD). The total duration for Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) will be for 5.5 years and on completion the students will be awarded BSc in Biology / Medical Technology and Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) which will be equivalent to MBBS.
- For Graduate Students with Bachelors program in can enter 4 year MD program directly. (Any bachelors, Provided they have taken Science subjects in schooling)
- This MD degree awarded in Philippines is similar to that of USA & Europe, but is equivalent to MBBS of Countries like UK & Other Commonwealth countries like India, Singapore, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka etc.
- Degree is called BSMD
- Course intake for BSMD program: June / November
- Course intake for MD program: June Only
- Students who enter MD program have to take a National Medical college Admission Test.
- This test is just a percentile based testing and there is no Pass or fail.
- You don’t need to get minimum scores to enter our programs, you just have to take the tests and you gain entry to our programs.
- Training provided for NMAT during the 16 month bachelor program.
- Students with bachelor’s degree who wants to enter - medical program in November, will be given preparatory training which includes NMAT training also from November to March.